I second this. I ran into this problem the other day. I didn't have
time to investigate it deeply and I had my pre-maven days build.xml
around so I used it instead.

maven.dependency.classpath seems to be setup in do-env, so it's pretty
early in the build process. But I am concerned that ant can't export
back 'up' a call tree. However, the callback's do provide a way to
call from 'below' the do-env. I am going to try that when I get a
chance.

Evan