I think the war application packaging may be a good reason to switch.  I am
not sure that Tomcat contains all the advanced features found in JServ
(session management between multiple jvms, for example), though I remember
them saying they were trying to implement most of the stuff from JServ in
time for 3.1, I do not know how far they got.  I think Jon said he ported
over the session serialization, but is that only in cvs?  (This makes it
much easier to debug apps.)

> Is 2.2 (I guess with Tomcat) faster/more secure/reliable/robust?

I don't think any of the above could be said to be true.  I would recommend
not using anything from 2.0 that is deprecated in 2.2.  And get information
from the Tomcat list, regarding any possible missing features that you might
want/need, before using any 2.2 only methods.  That way you are in the best
position.