on 5/31/2000 10:11 AM, Sean Legassick at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Oh, okay. Well it'd be very cool if I could get that working...

duh! :-)

> Right I just looked at in the changes.html for JServ 1.1.1 it says that
> "only objects which can be found in the system or bootstrap classpath
> will be kept." Now AFAIK I *have* to put the Turbine jar in the
> repositories classpath so that JServ can see the Turbine servlet, and
> that means that TurbineUser etc are not 'found in the system or
> bootstrap classpath' (I think - I'm not sure I fully understand
> 'bootstrap' in this context).

correct.

> So could the same thing be going on in Tomcat? And how _did_ you have
> this working in JServ?

The thing is that the way that Jserv deals with classes and the way that
Tomcat does is totally different, so it is a harder problem to solve because
tomcat's internals are more complex than Jserv's.

Jeff just sent me some info that will help...essentially the problem to
solve is to make SURE that whatever is in the session can be serialized. One
thing that seemed to be in his session was a PermissionSet object and it
wasn't marked as serializable. So, I'm figuring that there is something else
in there that can't be serialized and that is the problem. hopefully he will
send me his code and i will work on this a bit today...

-jon