----- Original Message -----
From: Tomasz Skutnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Turbine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: ODP: ide suggestions

> AFAIK "JDE" is general term meaning, as Rafal
guessed, "Java
> Development Environment', so I think it means the
same as Java IDE.
> Question still remains - what IDE (JDE?) + Emacs
makes this great
> combination ? JDPA (if so, than what is it ?, where
can it be found ?) ?
> My personal choice is Emacs + ANT in Makefile (bound
to F5 key - good ol'
> Borlan' TVision style ;). It's fast, it has syntax
highlight, it has
> RegExps and beautiful, not found anywhere else
feature - <ALT>+</> ;)

JDE is lisp/java add-in for Emacs.  It's at
http://susite.auc.dk/jde.  Paul Kinnucan maintains it.
 I believe that JPDA is Java platform debugger
architecture.  Check it out at www.javasoft.com.
Comes bundled with 1.3 and, separately for 1.2.  Most
of the new debuggers interface to JPDA.  JDE includes
a java interface between emacs and JPDA.

Sorry for the confusion.
george