on 6/17/2000 11:24 AM, "Sean Legassick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The only problem I can see with doing this is that if we follow usual
> Java naming conventions we'll end up with, for example, a 'LinkTool'
> class which will result in a context variable called '$Link' not
> '$link'. I don't know if we can really break everyone's templates,
> but the alternative - to call the class 'linkTool' - seems too
> against the Java norm.
>
> Thoughts?

Can the tool have a method in it that returns the "name" that it should be
stuffed into the Context with?

ie: 'LinkTool.class' has a method in it called "getName()" which returns
"link" and that is what is stuffed into the Context.

If we can't do that, I would be willing to change the names of my variables
though.

-jon