Am 18.11.2011 21:06, schrieb Michael Pedersen:
First up: Python 2.4. I've said it in the past few months, but it's
starting to look like we must address this sooner rather than later.
Other projects are dropping support for it (for instance, WebOb, as of
1.1b1, has dropped support). I'm even willing to mark the next release
as 2.2 just so we can drop 2.4 support entirely, and make our minimum
either 2.5 or 2.6 (I'd like it to be 2.6 personally, so that we don't
have to reach a similar point in another year or two). What does
everybody else say?

Right. I'd say drop Py 2.4 in TG 2.2 and Py 2.5 in TG 2.3.

Second up: repoze.who is at 2.0. With our current set up, we are locked
in at the 1.x series. I'd like to find a way to bring 2.0 support in so
that it works easily for people. We can make it so that it is not
required (similar to how TW1 and TW2 are both options), but I definitely
want to get all of our packages upgraded to support the latest of
everything. This way, we reduce some of the issues we've had where
people are managing to get incompatible versions of packages (WebOb in
particular).

If possible, we should move to repoze.who 2.0 in TG 2.2 or 2.3, and also consolidate the used plugins as Alessandro suggested.

Unfortunately it seems I won't have enough time for working on TG2 the next two months, so sorry I cannot help out with this.

-- Christoph