After doing the release for 2.1.3, and reading some of what's going on in
the word of our packages, I think I'm looking at a couple of growing
problems for TG2. One of these I wanted to bring up earlier, but the other
only really hit me today as something we should consider.

First up: Python 2.4. I've said it in the past few months, but it's
starting to look like we must address this sooner rather than later. Other
projects are dropping support for it (for instance, WebOb, as of 1.1b1, has
dropped support). I'm even willing to mark the next release as 2.2 just so
we can drop 2.4 support entirely, and make our minimum either 2.5 or 2.6
(I'd like it to be 2.6 personally, so that we don't have to reach a similar
point in another year or two). What does everybody else say?

Second up: repoze.who is at 2.0. With our current set up, we are locked in
at the 1.x series. I'd like to find a way to bring 2.0 support in so that
it works easily for people. We can make it so that it is not required
(similar to how TW1 and TW2 are both options), but I definitely want to get
all of our packages upgraded to support the latest of everything. This way,
we reduce some of the issues we've had where people are managing to get
incompatible versions of packages (WebOb in particular).

Finally, I'd like to push the next release back to the Christmas release.
We'll get Alessandro's debugbar added in, we'll get the above features
added in, we'll clean up the current warnings we see when running the
tests, and then we'll cut that as our next release.

What do you all think?