On Jul 7, 2006, at 7:54 AM, Meeraj Kunnumpurath wrote:

JSR-237 was not part of 1.4
True, I don't think it is part of JEE 5 either. Weblogic 9.1 does
provide an implementation though.

I don't think we should provide a full implementation of 237
I have an implementation that supports local work using concurrent
utilities (Doug Lea), I can port it to use the Java 5 API

Great.
I think the Geronimo folk might find this useful as well ;-)

It would be good to make the API similar enough to javax.resource and
237 so that we can provide version that delegate through to
implementations provided by a managed environment.
I will have a look at the JCA work manager API and see what
commonalities we can abstract.

Thanks
--
Jeremy