On Jul 19, 2006, at 9:31 AM, Raymond Feng wrote:

Hi,

When we implement Tuscany, once a while we run into issues/holes/ missing features in the SCA spec (SDO in some cases). I'm wondering if we have an open source endorsed process on how to deal with such issues. Because they may impact the programming model (the way how users use SCA or SDO), I think we should be extra cautious on making decisions.

Here're a list of things I can see:

1) Capture the requirement (problem statement)
2) Make proposals (could be more than one, maybe with prototypes in sandbox?)
3) Reach consenus in the community by discussions
4) Present the proposal to the spec group
5) Conclude if it will be become an official spec feature (if accepted by the spec group) or a tuscany-specific extension (we should use tuscany namespace to model SCDL extensions if required)
5) Make changes in the code base with an agreed solution

I suggest that we keep track of them on the Tuscany wiki site.

What do you guys think?

Sounds good.

I did something like this for the CDI proposal - there is a page on the wiki at:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/SpecProposals

--
Jeremy