On 25/07/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm trying to get Bigbank to build and work on Linux and experiencing
minor pain :) I'd like to help fix it so I have a few questions:

- Do we have any tool to help create the Makefile.am files. These files
are a little tricky to write... Any idea where I can get a script or a
simple tool that will generate them for me from a selection of targets
and source files? or do we really need to type all of this by hand :)

I created the Makefile.am files by hand. It was all new to me and there was
a lot of trial-and-error! If you find a tool to create/maintain these then
that would be great.

- Some of the *Proxy.cpp and *Wrapper.cpp normally generated by scagen
are checked in SVN. Can I remove them and integrate scagen in the build?

Yes, I think this is the correct thing to do so that the sample build/deploy
follows the steps a developer would make.

- Looking at the dev list history, it looks like BigBank has been
working on Windows, but I'm wondering if some files might be missing
from SVN. For example if I run scagen again it cannot find
./Accounts/AccountServiceImpl.componentType anywhere.

The componentType file is in svn under Accounts alongside the sca.module.
Scagen should use relative paths from the sca.module to locate the
.componentType so where the sca.module has:

<component name="AccountServiceComponent">
 <implementation.cpp dll="Accounts.dll" header="AccountServiceImpl.h"/>

the path to the componentType is the path to the header (interface
definition). In this instance there is no path so it should look in the same
directory as the sca.module.

I really need to write down "The development process" for creating
modules/components.

--
Pete