(I assume you're talking about the Java one, as there's been a
separate thread about the C++ one for the past few days)

What's in there today is just a start at expressing the basic
structure of the BigBank sample in terms of the most recent SCDL
syntax -- it's mostly limited today by the infrastructure around it
(ie, the lack of fully functional bindings for services/references and
the lack of fleshed out implementation types).

My view of BigBank is that there's a lot of value in seeing it as a
"family" of related samples -- one the most interesting value
propositions of the SCA model is the ability to retain the same basic
declarative expression of a system and yet easily replace
coarse-grained pieces of functionality with alternate implementations
(ie, business logic using different technologies, or different
protocol/transport/data bindings, etc).    One of the problems I had
with this sample in the M1 release was that it seemed much more
concerned with showcasing specific application features and
technologies, and not so much with demonstrating the "pluggability" of
those technologies.  What I would like to see (and am working on, a
bit indirectly :), is a "base", almost abstract, version of BigBank
that just contains its basic structural definition, and then a number
of BigBank "implementations" that demonstrate how the different
components and wires can be backed by various technologies.

For example, one BigBank implementation I'd like to see would involve
using separate Spring application contexts to implement
AccountDataService and AccountServiceComponent, and then showing how
the WS binding between AccountService & StockQuoteService can be
varied between e.g. Celtix and Axis2.