Well with some hacks I have been able to get the client (reference) to execute a web service. With what I checked in the server side was also loaded but there are some configuring issues I haven't looked at but they are axis related and something that may even be different with a newer version of Axis. So I guess I'm saying is if no other issues and using snap shots of Axis is the way to go... let the fun begin:-) I'm actually available to help out now.. I was thinking we could split server/client, how does that sound? If we want we could work on this in a branch so as to not disrupt others.
ant elder wrote:
There was an offline chat yesterday about moving up to a newer Axis2 build to pick up some recent fixes. I'm a bit nervous about doing this right now while Rick is in the middle of trying to get the WS binding to go, and while the WS binding doesn't really work yet so we wont be able to easily confirm our code still works with the newer Axis2. How should we do this? Should we have a known SNAPSHOT build that we keep in a private maven repository like we did pre-M1? Should I just go ahead and make the necessary changes or wait till you're at some clean point Rick? Should I wait till we have a service and reference working before upgrading so we can know if the upgrade causes
us any problems?