Ant has just mentioned two important aspects of a decent registry:
multi-dimension scoping and NameSpace aggregation. I forgot to mention the
registry I previously worked on supports them too, thank Ant.

Specifically, "keyed by application and the WSDL location" mentions scoping
by application/ClassLoaders *and* scoping by (WSDL) location.
application/ClassLoaders scoping and location scoping are *not* in parallel,
e.g. one WSDL/XSD file could be shared by both WAR and EJB, or both app1 and
app2.
By multi-dimension, I mean the loaded symbol may need to be only one
instance, e.g. "Quote" type/message from WSDL file, it's especially
important to types due to instanceof and isSuperType checking (we know how
painful that one .class file ends up more than one copies in memory)

NameSpace aggregation is also important. e.g. WSDL file 1 may have
defined NameSpace "tns" in location 1 scope, and WSDL 2 defines the same
"tns" in location 2 scope, and both WSDL 1 and 2 are accessible
from application scope, then a NameSpace aggregation *view* is necessary for
queries from the application scope.

I have quite some experience working on such registry, I'd like to
contribute if it's the way Tuscany wants to go.