On 8/22/06, Yang ZHONG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip/>

I have quite some experience working on such registry, I'd like to
contribute if it's the way Tuscany wants to go.

How about we take Yang up on this offer. We could have a WSDL registry as an
optional system service, and define the wsdlLocation attribute on both the
interface.wsdl and binding.ws elements. If you don't configure your system
with a WSDL registry then it will be null and the wsdlLocation attribute
must be specified, if you do configure a WSDL registry in your system then
the wsdlLocation attribute becomes optional and if you leave it out the
registry is used to locate the wsdl. The registry could have configurable
wsdl locating strategies such as looking in a specific folder or scanning
all folders or something completely different.

This seems like it gives everyone what they want. Yang could have a go at
coming up with a registry impl that works and doesn't cause memory leaks and
works across applications etc. I'd be happy to help, and I'd change the
Axis2 binding and JavaScript container to use the registry if we can get it
to work. Yang sounds like he has lots of experience with this type of thing,
and has volunteered, so it would be good to encourage a new contributor.