Some comments in line.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yang ZHONG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: Auto discovering WSDL

It has been one full day since Ant proposed a go for registry and Jim
agreed. If no one oppose, I'm going to contribute a registry.
The registry will support
. different Symbol Spaces (type, top level element, message,
portType/interface, etc.)

I suggest that we use QName to represent different types of artifacts and it should be extensible.

. multiple scopings (ClassLoader, location, Eclipse IProject, composite,
etc.)
. different scope delegations (no delegation, PARENT_FIRST, PARENT_LAST)
. multi-dimension scopings (location vs. ClassLoader/IProject, etc) and
registry aggregation (NameSpace aggregation)

I think we should align it with the SCA scope container concept.

. automatic locate on demand
. automatic load on demand
. automatic refresh on demand
. multi-threading
. weakly/softly referencing scopes (it's user's responsibility not to strong
reference key from value directly or *indirectly*, it's recommended to
change such strong reference if any to weak/soft one if permanent residency
isn't desired)

I will also contribute a scoping(SPI) implementation for ClassLoader and
Eclipse IProject, however we may need volunteer(s) to
contribute/integrate/register SCA (composite) scoping.
I will contribute a refreshing checking(SPI) implementation based on
file/ZipEntry/URL timestamp, however we may need volunteers to
contribute/integrate/register locator(SPI) implementation and loader(SPI)
implementation.

Probably we should get the framework in place before add more extensions.

I'll ask for help from Ant to change the Axis2 binding and JavaScript
container to use the registry. Thank Ant for the offer.
I'll also ask Jim for help with the system service part. Thank Jim for the
offer.

I'll try to roll out API and SPI for review as soon as possible.

Thanks.

--

Yang ZHONG