Andrew Borley wrote:
[snip]
A few issues came up when I was developing the extension:
1) The code currently depends on the CPP extension code, specifically for
the interface.cpp which is used by the extension just to get the scope and remotable attributes. Are these two attributes specific to C++ interfaces or
are they generic enough to be put into the tuscany::sca::model::Interface
super-class?

Andy,

Good catch. I have moved remotable to tuscany::sca::model::Interface. I have a real hard time understanding why the spec makes Scope part of interfaces instead of just implementations - IMHO the lifecyle of a component implementation should not be exposed as part of its interface - but both the Java and C++ SCA C&I specs put it on Interface so I'm going to get over this for now, I'm probably missing something... I moved it as well to tuscany::sca::model::Interface. With these changes I was able to adjust your Python extension so that it does not depend anymore on the CPP extension.