On 9/6/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrew Borley wrote:
[snip]
> A few issues came up when I was developing the extension:
> 1) The code currently depends on the CPP extension code, specifically
for
> the interface.cpp which is used by the extension just to get the scope
> and
> remotable attributes. Are these two attributes specific to C++
> interfaces or
> are they generic enough to be put into the
tuscany::sca::model::Interface
> super-class?

Andy,

Good catch. I have moved remotable to tuscany::sca::model::Interface. I
have a real hard time understanding why the spec makes Scope part of
interfaces instead of just implementations - IMHO the lifecyle of a
component implementation should not be exposed as part of its interface
- but both the Java and C++ SCA C&I specs put it on Interface so I'm
going to get over this for now, I'm probably missing something... I
moved it as well to tuscany::sca::model::Interface. With these changes I
was able to adjust your Python extension so that it does not depend
anymore on the CPP extension.

That's cool - thanks!

Andy