On 9/20/06, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is it worth also trying to do some interop testing of script language
composites across the Java and C++ runtimes now that we have script
languages supported by both? Something like having some
Ruby/Python/JavaScript composites which can be used in either the C++ or
Java runtimes? I'd help with the  Java runtime side if others think this
would be useful.

   ...ant

On 9/18/06, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was talking with Andy offline about re-running the cross language
> interop
> tests. I've recently made some updates to the schema while testing with
> PHP
> SDO so I copied the updates back to Tuscany/Interop. There is a patch
> attached to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-730. There is
> also
> a WSDL file in there that exposes an operation for each interop schema
> taking that schema as input and returning it as output. I'm going to
work
> with Andy to implement a client/service in C++ so that we can test the
SDO
> binding for Axis. When Raymond is done with the new databindings code
for
> M2
> we could do the same for Java and between Java and C++.
>
> What we could do with in C++ is an XML comparison utility. Anyone come
> across one?
>
> Simon

I think this would be a good idea. The cross language test we have done to
date have been focused on the SDO support for XML so clearly that can work
in Java, C++ and PHP components where we have SDO implementations. Sorting
out tests for the other componente types that perhaps don't support SDO yet
but would benefit from 1/ testing that the same script works in both Java
and C++ runtimes 2/ testing that messages of various formats can be passed
successfully from/to the component seems like an excellent idea.

The last time I checked the Python C++ extension used a C++ interface
definition style but I haven't looked closely enough to see how it handles
complex types. I'm also assuming that this will change in the future if it
hasn't laready changed. Andy?