On 9/20/06, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 9/20/06, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it worth also trying to do some interop testing of script language
> composites across the Java and C++ runtimes now that we have script
> languages supported by both? Something like having some
> Ruby/Python/JavaScript composites which can be used in either the C++ or
> Java runtimes? I'd help with the  Java runtime side if others think this
> would be useful.
>
>    ...ant
>
> On 9/18/06, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I was talking with Andy offline about re-running the cross language
> > interop
> > tests. I've recently made some updates to the schema while testing
with
> > PHP
> > SDO so I copied the updates back to Tuscany/Interop. There is a patch
> > attached to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-730. There is
> > also
> > a WSDL file in there that exposes an operation for each interop schema
> > taking that schema as input and returning it as output. I'm going to
> work
> > with Andy to implement a client/service in C++ so that we can test the
> SDO
> > binding for Axis. When Raymond is done with the new databindings code
> for
> > M2
> > we could do the same for Java and between Java and C++.
> >
> > What we could do with in C++ is an XML comparison utility. Anyone come
> > across one?
> >
> > Simon
> >

> I think this would be a good idea. The cross language test we have done
> date have been focused on the SDO support for XML so clearly that can
work
> in Java, C++ and PHP components where we have SDO implementations.
Sorting
> out tests for the other componente types that perhaps don't support SDO
yet
> but would benefit from 1/ testing that the same script works in both
Java
> and C++ runtimes 2/ testing that messages of various formats can be
passed
> successfully from/to the component seems like an excellent idea.

The last time I checked the Python C++ extension used a C++ interface
definition style but I haven't looked closely enough to see how it handles
complex types. I'm also assuming that this will change in the future if it
hasn't laready changed. Andy?

It has changed now - we now have an interface.python extension that is empty
as no interface definition is required for python components. E.g. the
.componentType file has a definition like:

<componentType xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0";>
   <service name="CalculatorService">
       <interface.python/>
   </service>
   <reference name="divideService">
       <interface.python/>
   </reference>
</componentType>

There will be some work going on to remove the requirement for a
.componentType file at all as the information required is all inside the
.composite file.

Andy