On Sep 26, 2006, at 1:55 PM, Ignacio Silva-Lepe wrote:

Ah, so I took the bait. So then the question is what does ActiveMQ do when it gets a Java serialized message, e.g., an ObjectMessage? It should be able to handle it, otherwise it would be subsetting the JMS spec.

I think it delivers it as a series of bytes to the other end. If you have a Java consumer then it will know how to deserialize and return an ObjectMessage; if you have a C client then I think that could be classified as an exercise for the user :-)

--
Jeremy