I attached a patch of my proposed fix to the Jira

On 05/10/06, Pete Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think it does not. I raised TUSCANY-798 as I was getting a windows
compile warning when Composite constructor was passing it's this pointer to
the ComponentType constructor. ComponentType saves away the pointer to a
Composite but never uses it, nor is the getComposite() method ever called.
My patch attached to the Jira removes the Composite* form the ComponentType
constructor and all is well.

Looking further into the code there is a method
ImplementationExtension::getImplementation(Composite* composite,
DataObjectPtr scdlImplementation). The only place that the value composite
is ever used is to construct the ComponentType (and this is not needed).

I propose to change the extension method signature to

ComponentType* getImplementation(DataObjectPtr scdlImplementation)

and obviously change the impls of this method in the extensions.

Any objections/comments?

Cheers,

--
Pete