There was a discussion on the samples a while back [1] where i think there
was some agreement to restructure the samples based on the extension they
are demonstrating. It wasn't so clear what the out come of that discussion
was so how about the following (for now ignoring whats in/out/works/broken):

sampleapps/bigbank
 bigbank

samples/echo
- echo.binding
- echo.databinding

samples/javascript
 helloworld

samples/axis2
 helloworldws
 helloworldwsclient
 helloworldwsclientOM
 helloworldwsOM

samples/celtix
 helloworldws-celtix

samples/spring
 spring.simple
 spring

samples/rmi
 helloworld.rmiReference
 helloworld.rmiService

samples/jsonrpc
 helloworldjsonrpc

samples/java?
 calculator
 eagerinit
 inner.composite
 local.wire
 local.wire.cdi
 simplecallback
 supplychain
 webapp

In the same thread there was the suggestion about using a calculator sample
instead of or as well as helloworld so I'll also add a javascript calculator
sample and look at doing both for the other script languages as well.

If we can reach some consensus about what this should look like I can do the
changes.

  ...ant

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg06572.html