Sure yes Ant.  For the Documentation, as mentioned earlier, I plan to have
separate pages for SCA Docs, SDO Docs. and DAS Docs.

Each of these pages will have a list of topics that will further link to
separate pages.  Here is something that I can imagine for now for this.

1) SCA Java Overview
   <will will have something in general about how we have partitioned as
APIs SPI Core etc.>

2) SCA Java - Extensions
   <About extensions... Implementation Types, Bindings and the general
prog. model around loaders, buliders, invokers>
   <How to write your own impl. type and binding extensions>
   <Tuscany Implementatin Extensions>
         <JavaScript>
         <Groovy>
         <Ruby>

3) SCA Java - DataBinding Facility
   <About DataBinding and its advantage>
   <How to write your own data bindings>

4) Java SCA Runtimes and Application Deployment
     <Standalone>
     <WebApp>

5) Java SCA Samples
     <Overview of samples available in SCA Java>
     <How to write your own SCA Application>

So I guess, what you wish to do might go into one of the lind uder Topic 2.

Please feel free to correct this or fill in if I have grossly missed out on
somethings.

Thanks

- Venkat

On 11/2/06, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11/2/06, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 11/2/06, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am putting up some proposals for updates to our website and request
> > feedback on this or suggestions for the better.   Right away some top
> > level
> > ones are:
> >
> > - Do away with the tabs.  This is because I don't see correlation
> > between
> > the Tab options and the options on the navigation pane in the left.
i.e
> > .  if
> > the tabs are first level navigation then the pane on the left must be
> > sub-options within a selected tab - I don't see such a
correlation.  So
> > let's avoid confusion to the website visitor
> > - There is lots of green :) and am having some difficulties to get
> > additional colors that gel with this.  Either somebody with better
> > colour
> > sense helps or we moderate the green a bit.
> > - The images that are used for the Navigation Optoins on the left pane
> > and
> > for the titles of various boxes may need to be sharpened a bit
> >
> > All this besides the fact the the various navigations paths need to be
> > reviewed and set right.  I shall get to these as well.
> >
> > Meanwhile I have created a JIRA
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-703 where I have
attempted
> > provide a view of what's in my mind for the Navigation Pane on the
left
> > together with some changes for the Downloads page.
> >
> > You simply have to extract the zip that is attached in that JIRA and
> > take a
> > look at /site-publish/downloads.html.
> >
> > Also, I have a diagram posted for the Java_SCA Overview in the same
> > JIRA,
> > please see if you can say somethings about that as well.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > - Venkat
>

> Its really good you're looking at the website Venkat, it has become a
bit
> neglected. What you've suggested above all sounds good to me, I'd
suggest
> just going ahead and making changes as you think appropriate as that
will be
> much easier for you. Maybe for big ones mention on the dev list first
but
> otherwise just dive in and send emails after the fact so others can
review -
> just as with the code CTR not RTC :)

I meant to add, I'd like to help, specifically with adding pages with doc
about the various extensions, maybe along the lines of that example i
posted
earlier [1]. Could you find a space for me on the website for me to do
that?

   ...ant

[1]

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200610.mbox/[EMAIL