From: "Hawkins, Joel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Standalone server
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 08:25:52 -0500

Hi Jeremy,

This is interesting stuff...

>The other thought was about how a component could expose a management
>interface. One option would be to support <binding.jmx> for
>attachment to a service; however, this would require a componentType
>sidefile. Another would be to support an @Management annotation on a
>service interface. With both of these the selected service would be
>registered as a Dynamic MBean. A fallback option would also be to
>recognize the component as a Standard MBean (i.e. it would have a
>*MBean interface).

I like the notion of a technology-agnostic @Management interface, as it
could support a management binding to JMX or WSDM (or SNMP, for that
matter). The management technology layer could then be decoupled from
the component definitions, allowing the management layer(s) to be mixed
in as an SCA service.

Of course, for non-java components, you're stuck with a side-file of
some sort.

Cheers,
Joel