On 09/01/07, Adriano Crestani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Luciano Resende and me are developing the DAS C++. I started developing it
translating the classes from DAS Java to DAS C++. I've already converted
most of classes to C++, but the project is not compiling successfully yet
and I think it will take some time to.

There are many things to be done yet:

- As I am not used to work with pointers and references explicity as C++
does, there are some pointers and refereces that are not being used
correctly and need to be fixed.

- Most of functions' arguments and return are referenced objects. There is
necessary to rethink which function argument and return need to be a
pointer
or a reference. I'm begginer with C++ and I need some advises about it.

- To define which argument, return and function will be set as "const" or
not.

- To define which function will be set as "virtual" or not.

- To evaluate which and where to delete the allocated objects. I really
need
some advises, cause it's being difficult for me to see which is the best
delete these objects.

Any volunteer to help with that I'm accepting ; ). But I think I can get
by
for while. However I'd like invite some volunteers to help me in the
implementation of these classes:

- ResultSet, ResultSetMetaData, PreparedStatement and CallableStatement:
these classes belongs to the JDBC API and they are used a lot in DAS Java.
As known, the ODBC API is a procedural API and turns to be very difficult
use a procedural API in a OO application. There is no need to implement
these classes as complex as they are in JDBC, only what is really
necessary
for DAS C++.

- DASObject: I initially created this class to set in place of the Java
Object class. The DAS Java has some functions that takes the Object class
as
arguments and as C++ has nothing like it(as far as I know) I created this
class. I've not assigned any function to this class(an empty class). Maybe
there is another simpler way to substitute the Java Object class, needing
some suggestions here too.

I will sending right now to Luciano the DAS C++ project,  then he may
upload
it in his sandbox as soon as possible.

Adriano Crestani

Some of the issues you describe are common to SDO for C++ (and possiby SCA
too - I'm not sufficiently familiar with the code there). I can describe
what we did with SDO if that helps. I'm not sure if I'll have time to
actually contribute very much but I'll see what I can do.

More to follow.

Geoff.