Hi,
I'm not sure that Dan's solution is the best one, I mean running mvn -Peclipse profile should build eclipse projects already linked between them. If you open the "Configure build path ..." of the core project you should find all the dependencies as connected project in the Projects Tab. I think Eclipse uses that configuration to synchronize the sources with the running task. But running task the JVM uses in the class path the mvn repository. So if you just compile the sources without install the artifact in the mvn repository then the sources will be out of sync. Note that if you change the sources and save them while the task is running, for simple changes the Debugger reloads the compiled class so that you can see soon the changes. Stopping the task the code will be of course out of sync. ( a trick is to press the space bar and save the source to force the reloading at the next execution)

So I think one solution could be: remind of runnning "mvn install" each time you have to debug something. I haven't installed the M2 plugin yet, but I guess it helps to compile and install directly the code.

let me know if this was the problem.

francesco

Dan Murphy wrote:
Hi Jean-Sebastien,

When I have used mvn -Peclipse eclipse:eclipse any dependencies that exist
in a project are located in your maven repository, not other projects in
eclipse. You can rectify this by editing the build path and removing the
library and replacing it with a project dependency... I guess the argument
goes that mvn doesn't know what else is in your workspace so can't place
dependencies on other projects...
Regards,
Dan