As part of this are you considering only multiple Java runtimes or can this
proposal embrace a C++/Python/Ruby component implementation deployed on the
C++ runtime?

Cheers,

On 13/01/07, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 13, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Meeraj Kunnumpurath wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> Based on the discussion we had earlier I have started putting the
> basic shell around the domain physical model and discovery service.
>
> 1. Both physical model discovery and service interfaces are hosted
> in SPI.
> 2. Under services I have started on couple of implementations for
> the discovery service.
> 3. I guess the physical model realisation would go into core.
> 3. In standalone assembly, I have created the home for the admin
> rutnime SCDL, that will host the client facing assembly service and
> also manage the domain wide singleton assembly model. Once we get
> this working we can look into moving this from a cerntalized model
> to a more federated peer-to-peer model.
>
> The admin runtime uses the discovery service to listen for
> federated runtimes, participating in the domain managed by the
> admin runtime, coming alive. The runtimes publish their presence
> using the discovery service when they come alive. The admin runtime
> will use the current topology of the domain to send artifacts that
> are deployed in the domain using the assembly service to
> participating runtimes. I am still unclear on how the admin runtime
> would make a decision on deploy component X in runtime X and
> component Y in runtime Y.
>
> Anyway, I will keep the discovery and the domain physical model
> service going.

Cool. I've been looking at the discover service in some detail (both
zeroconf and JXTA) and when I have some more time, I'll post some
thoughts as well.

Jim