Jim,

I have been looking at the work you have been doing with component manager and URIs and figuring out how this would fit in with federated deployment model I have been working on. Currently, the master creates the physical component defintion to get the component running on the slave. This gets marshalled and sent to the slave through the discovery service. On the slave this is picked up by the federated deployer to be umarshalled using the marshaller framework. The component gets built from the physical component definition by the new builder framework. The XML fragment for Java components looks as follows,

<componentJava componentId="uri" xmlns="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/1.0-SNAPSHOT";> <instanceFactoryByteCode>Base 64 Encoded byte code</instanceFactoryByteCode>
</component-java>

I was thinking about wrapping the loaded instance factory into the JavaAtomicComponent in the javaPhysicalComponentBuilder and expect the wires to be resolved when createInstance is called on the component. Would you need any additional information on top of the instance factory to create the wires, interceptors, policies etc on the slave. Also, where do you expect the autowire aspects resolved?

Many thanks
Meeraj