What happens in a single node case? Will the controller always be present?

On 3/9/07, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mar 9, 2007, at 8:07 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Subclassing in the model makes sense to me.
>
> I don't think anything would need to be added to AbstractSCAObject
> - by the time we get to the runtime all of the intents and
> policySets should have been processed and converted into wires with
> the necessary interceptors.
Just to add a little more detail in terms of the ongoing federation
work...In the SCA Domain, there will be a "controller" and "slave"
nodes. The controller will be responsible for performing a number of
tasks, including construction of of wire definitions and allocation
of components to slave nodes in the SCA Domain. The controller will
be responsible for constructing wire definitions, including target
resolution and designation of interceptor types. The designation of
interceptor types would include policy.

After this process, component and wire definitions are sent to the
appropriate slave where they are "built" into runtime artifacts.

To start off, I'd take a look at some of the policy model we
currently have (incomplete) and we can iterate from there.

Jim