Hi Ant,

This looks like it could be a libxml problem: do you have the libxml2, iconv
and zlib libraries available on your path?
My path looks like the following:
/cygdrive/e/mingw/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:.:/cygdrive/d/tuscany/tuscany_sca_native-
1.0-incubator-M3-bin/bin:/cygdrive/d/tuscany/tuscany_sdo_cpp-
1.0-incubator-M3-bin/bin/:/cygdrive/d/libs/libxml2-2.6.24.win32
/bin/:/cygdrive/d/libs/zlib-1.2.3.win32/bin:/cygdrive/d/libs/iconv-
1.9.2.win32/bin

This is on cygwin, but you get the idea. With this path and TUSCANY_SCACPP
and TUSCANY_SDOCPP env variables set CppCalculator worked fine for me.

Let me know if that helps & I'll try to make the docs clearer.

Cheers
Andy