On 3/21/07, Andrew Borley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/21/07, Pete Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 21/03/07, Pete Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> runs as

SCA

along

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/cpp-sdo-1.0.incubating-M3-RC1/

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/native-sca-1.0.incubating-M3-RC4/

> > > Pete
> > >
> > > I installed the new RCs on my Fedora Core 6 box this evening
> > >
> > > +1 for SDO
> > >
> > > I still get this strange effect with SCA where scagen inserts URL
> encoded
> > > strings from the scagen XSL into generated CPP files. I have the IBM
> > > java2-i386-50 JDK installed. Has anyone else tried with that? I
might
> try
> > > with a different version and see if that has the desired effect.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >

> > Sorry Simon I've never seen anything like this on any of my 3 systems
> > with various Java SDKs. Not sure I've tried with that IBM Java though.

I think I have seen this on my Linux system when I tried using the IBM JDK
5
a while ago - I reverted to JDK 1.4.2 and it works fine.
Have you tried an earlier JDK Simon?
We should raise a jira & add this to the readme I guess.

Cheers
Andy

OK, so after complete reinstall on my FC5 machine with the same JDK the URL
encoding problem does not appear so there must be some character encoding
setting on my other machine that I'm not seeing. Anyhow not a problem with
the  SCA release candidate but a warning note somewhere would be good.

The basic samples that I tried worked like a dream. Nice one.  I can't try
the WS samples here because of some other lonstanding issue on this box
(this is why I was trying on my nice clean FC6 machine in the first case)
but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt assuming someone else is able to
run them on linux. So +1 from me for SCA now also.

The only slight gotcha for the unwary I found was that when building SCA
with ./build_scanative.sh for me it assumes you want the C++ extension and
hence expects JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME to be set which I didn't have. Anyhow
once set it all went OK.