On 3/21/07, Jeremy Boynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mar 20, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Frank Budinsky wrote:

> I've confirmed that IBM, the copyright holder, gives permission to
> Apache
> to reuse the two EMF files in question.

Thanks for confirming this.

> I've opened TUSCANY-1185 to contribute the two base classes,
> provided in
> an attachment.
>
> Jeremy, let me know if this is good enough for you, or if you still
> want
> me to remove the Tuscany subclasses and resubmit them.

I can't ack this for the ASF - that has to be done by an Officer as
described in the IP Clearance process. They would probably want
something official from IBM (Software Grant).

I am a director of the ASF.

Apparently the original copyright holder desires to contribute the
same code to two different places under two different licenses.  They
are certainly within their rights to do so.  The contribution under
the other license isn't particularly relevant to me.  Now, concerning
the contribution which is presumably being made in good faith under
the ASF license to the Tuscany project, I see no ASF wide legal or
policy issue here, which means that the only remaining issue a
technical one, namely whether or not tuscany wishes to accept this
code.

Now, if anybody has any reason to believe that the assertion of
authorship is false (i.e., if there are Eclipse CVS or SVN logs which
show contributions by others), then the issue is an entirely different
one...