Ant,

I would like to understand more about what we mean by top down build
here. We didn't use to build SCA and SDO in one go, even when we had a
"top down" build. Now the SCA project is growing in complexity with
better modularization, in terms of of how various functional areas are
modularized and new extensions being added. We are having more
abstractions in the SPI, and more than one pluggable implementations.
For example, discovery in SPI currently have a JXTA and JMS
implementation. Soon there will be a JINI one. Management in SPI has a
JMX implementation, someone may want to add a WSDM one later.

I can understand having the ability to build related modules together.
However, why would I want the top-down build to build everything, when
for example, I am only interested in JMS binding and not Axis binding?
When the project goes in complexity, IMHO, it would be easier to treat
these functionally different areas separately, rather than building the
whole thing together.

However, if everyone else is finding this difficult, I am open to
discussions on discussing other mechanisms like using different mvn
profiles. For me, I haven't found the lack of a "mother of all build" an
inhibiting factor.

Thanks
Meeraj