On 3/26/07, Raymond Feng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

By reading through a bunch of e-mails on this mailing list and adding my
imagination, I put together a conceptual diagram at the following wiki
page
to illustrate the kernel modulization.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Kernel+Modulization+Design+Discussions

This diagram is merely for the discussion purpose and it only reflects my
understandings so far. By no means it is meant to be complete and
accurate.
But I hope we can use it as the starting point for the technical
discussion.

Going through this exercise, I start to see values of the efforts which
would lead to greater adoption of Tuscany/SCA by various embedders
including
other Apache projects and simplication of the kernel that the community
can
work together. You might take the following items as my crazy
brainstorming:

1) Allow different ways to populate the assembly model: from SCDL, from
other Domain Specific Languages (DSL) or even from another model such as
the
Spring context. On the hand, make it possible to convert the SCA assembly
model to be executed by other frameworks such as Spring.

2) Improve the federation story so that we can plugin different federation
mechanisms, such as P2P discovery-based or repository-based schemes.

3) Bootstrap the Tuscany kernel without the Java container in case that
either the hosting runtime is resource-constrained (for example, cellular
phones or network appliances) or it doesn't need to the support for POJO
(for example, scripting for Web 2.0).

4) Provide more flexibility to integrate with different hosting
environments
with a subset of kernel modules.

I guess I throw out enough seeds for thoughts and now it's your turn :-).