From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 3/28/2007 11:24 PM
To: tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Use single version for all Java/SCA modules and enable
building all modules together

Jim, Meeraj,

If the stream of -1's contnue, am afraid there isn't going to be a
single release at all.

thx,
dims

On 3/28/07, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2007, at 12:51 AM, ant elder wrote:
>
> > Here's the vote on this I said [1] I'd start to get closure on this
> > issue.
> >
> > The proposal is to have top-level pom for the Java SCA project that
> > enables
> > building all the modules together - kernel, services, runtimes,
> > extensions
> > etc, and for that to work all those modules need to use the same
> > version
> > name.
> >
> > Here's my +1.
> >
> >   ...ant
> >
> > [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/
> > msg16024.html
>

> There has been no proposal for how to resolve the issue about
> building extensions using multiple versions of kernel and how modules
> on different release schedules requiring different levels of kernel
> or plugins will be handled.
>
> Until we can come up with a solution for these issues, I feel I have
> to vote against the proposal.
>
> -1
>
> Jim

This message has been checked for all email viruses by MessageLabs.

    You can find us at www.voca.com

This communication is confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee only. You should
not disclose its contents to any other person.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender named above immediately.

Registered in England, No 1023742,
Registered Office: Voca Limited
Drake House, Three Rivers Court,
Homestead Road, Rickmansworth,
Hertfordshire, WD3 1FX. United Kingdom

VAT No. 226 6112 87

This message has been checked for all email viruses by MessageLabs.