On 4/19/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/19/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 4/19/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On 4/19/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > <snip/>
> >
> >     - I like the list of modules I think we should go with the module
> name
> > > from the code and link to a separate
> > >       page for each one. (take a look I've made an example). We can
> then
> > > use
> > > URLs such as
> > >       http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/binding-wsto
> > > refer
> > > directly to the module description(*)
> >

> > I like the one wiki page with the module name per module and as well,
> but
> > do we really want all of those listed on the "Java SCA Subproject
page"?
> > That page seems more user oriented giving an overview of Java SCA
> > capabilities, where as all the individual modules are a really deep
> > implementation detail. For example how about on the "Java SCA
> Subproject"
> > page say Tuscany has a web service binding and links to a "web
service"
> > page
> > which talks about the WS capabilities and its that "web service" page
> > where
> > the list of WS related modules could go: binding-ws, binding-ws-xml,
> > binding-ws-axis2, binding-ws-cxf, interface-wsdl, interface-wsdl-xml,
> > interface-wsdl-runtime etc. Similar thing for all the other binding,
> > implementation, databinding, runtime etc.
> >
> >    ...ant
> >
> I agree that this list doesn't need to go on this page but it would be
> good
> to have a straight list somewhere so it's easy to get the low down on a
> module. Perhaps in the develper guide as I had hoped that these module
> pages
> will include design information.  I would expect the user docs for the
> modules, i.e. what to put in the SCDL to make them work, to go in the
User
> Guide section. This could have a more user friendly index as  suggested

A complete list does sound useful. How about the developer guide links to
something like an architecture page which has a diagram of the runtime, a
bit of a description about it, and the complete list of modules? Eg,
Similar
to [1] but the other way up and more text explaining it.

   ...ant

[1]

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Java+SCA+Modulization+Design+Discussions

I thinks that's spot on. Didn't know the page had been extended to include
the module list. Lets link it into the architecture page (when we decide
which architecture page we are having ;-). We can use module links from this
page to record module design information. Module user information would be
separate of course.So doe this hierarchy look right

Architecture Guide ---> Module list ----> Module technical detail
                                     ^

User Guide ---> Implementation/Binding/Databinding... list --> Extension
User Guide

We could probably tie the two together as you suggest by indicating which
modules are used to implement an Implementation/Binding/Databinding