ant elder wrote:
What are we going to be calling this next SCA release?

We've had M1 and M2 releases, some alpha kernel releases, DAS are talking
about an M3 release and SDO is doing an M3 release although there was some discussion about renaming that to beta1. I think milestone and alpha release
names may discourage people from trying a release as it makes it sound
unstable. The spec defined SCA APIs are stable now and we're talking about
making stable SPIs for this next release, so the Tuscany externals are
becoming stable and that sounds better than alpha quality to me.

So how about the next Tuscany SCA release is named beta1? and we could try
to get DAS and SDO to also follow that naming?

Any comments or alternative name suggestions?

  ...ant

Good idea, beta1 makes sense to me as APIs and SPIs are getting stable, as is our support for the SCA assembly XML described in the SCA 1.0 spec.

+1 from me.