On 4/25/07, kelvin goodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've got to the point where I have packaged up a new beta1 SDO java
release
candidate in the style if the last one [1],  but that's only part of the
process now that I have to set up a remote maven repository as a staging
post for the deployed release candidate artifacts (as per the recent
discussion on incubator general).
I'm just about to figure out how to create/configure the repo, but any
tips
on the process for making the maven repo are welcome;

Ideally the build would be setup with the maven release plugin, but without
that you can deploy individual files manually. As an example, I've just
deployed the sdo impl jar in that beta1-rc1 to a temp folder in my
people.a.o space (http://people.apache.org/~antelder/temp/) with the
following:

mvn deploy:deploy-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany.sdo-DartifactId=tuscany-sdo-impl
-Dversion=
1.0-incubating-beta1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=
tuscany-sdo-impl-1.0-incubating-beta1.jar
-DrepositoryId=apache.rsync-Durl=scp://people.apache.org/home/antelder/public_html/temp