On 4/29/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What do we want the Tuscany SCA distribution to look like for the next
release? I'll suggest the following straw man as start, please suggest
changes. I'm using the name 'beta1' here till we decide on the real name.

All the artifacts in the default build would be published to the maven
repository, and there'd be two downloadable distributions, a source and
binary:

tuscany-sca-1.0-beta1.zip
tuscany-sca-1.0-beta1.tar.gz
tuscany-sca-1.0-beta1-src.zip
tuscany-sca-1.0-beta1-src.tar.gz

The binary unzips to a directory named tuscany-sca-1.0-beta1 with the
following contents:

 tuscany-sca-1.0-beta1
 - DISCLAIMER
 - LICENSE
 - NOTICE
 - release-notes.txt
 + javadoc
      - the OSOA SCA API Javadoc
      - the Tuscany SPI Javadoc
 + lib
      - tuscany-sca-beta1.jar (this is all the tuscany-*.jars munged into
a single jar)
      - tuscany-sca-manifest-beta1.jar (this is an empty jar with just a
manifest which has all the tuscany and dependent jars in the manifest
classpath)
      - (all the other dependency jars - stax, jetty, axis2 etc)
 + modules
      - (each individual Tuscany module jar)
 + samples
      - (all the samples)

How should the samples work, should there be ant or mvn build scripts for
each sample? Should there be pre-build sample jars in the binary distro?

The src distro unzips to a directory named tuscany-sca-1.0-beta1-src with
the following contents:

 tuscany-sca-1.0-beta1-src
 - BUILDING
 - DISCLAIMER
 - LICENSE
 - NOTICE
 + distribution
 + itest
 + modules
 + samples

There's now a sca\distribution folder which has build scritps to create
the above to try this out.

This should be working now so running mvn in sca\distribution should create
the distributions in the sca\distribution\target directory. The binary
distro should work to run all the samples, eg, unzip the binary distro
somewhere and then change into the directory
tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT\samples\calculator and from there you
should be able to run a sample with:

java -cp target\tuscany-sample-calculator-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
;..\..\lib\tuscany-sca-manifest-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
calculator.CalculatorClient