To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 7:02 AM
Subject: Re: Servlet path change?

On 6/6/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for the pointers/info. I assume the intention is to add in the
ability to specify the binding specific base system uri on a binding by
binding bases (as well as implementing all the other rules of course). I
don't see this configuration in the code now.

sca domain
  sca runtime
     runtime.a.name
     runtime.a.address
  binding.a config
     Scheme.a baseURI="HTTP://runtime.a.address:80/"
     Scheme.a baseURI="HTTPS://runtime.a.address:442/"

I'm interested in this bit particularly as this is where it touches the
distributed runtime.

Go for it, I've not yet been able to work out how that should properly be
done. Right now there's a hard coded BASE_URI used in
Axis2ServiceBindingProvider. The host name is ignored but the port is used
when using the Tuscany Jetty or Tomcat host (though i think maybe the port
is actually only used for the 1st service registered which is a bug), but
the whole thing is ignored for webapps. In Axis2ServiceBindingProvider
there's also a method computeActualURI which  works out a  URI based on
section 1.7.2 of the Assembly spec. Most of that is not WS specific and its
what we need to do for all bindings using hierarchical URI schemes so it
would be nice to generalize it for use by all those bindings - Axis,
json-rpc, rmi etc.

And so all the info is here, there's also a problem in computeActualURI
related TUSCANY-1291 and this thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200705.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]