Hi,

I remember about a year ago discussing whether or not it is
acceptable/appropriate to check-in IDE specific files (e.g., Eclipse
.project files) into svn, and we decided to not do it. Does anyone
remember if this was really an Apache policy, or just a decision we made
for Tuscany? If the latter, I wonder if we should reconsider. Personally,
I think it would be very convenient if we had the Eclipse .project and
.classfile in the projects, so that people could just check out Tuscany
projects directly into Eclipse. For people not using Eclipse, having these
superfluous files around really doesn't seem like a big deal. I also
wouldn't mind if someone wants to check-in other IDE (e.g. IDEA) files
that Eclipse users (like me) would just ignore.

What do others think about this?

Thanks,
Frank.