Simon Laws wrote:
I've collected a couple of utilites that have helped me during debugging
some problems (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/slaws/sample-sca-toys/).
For example this is the code I drop at the end of a test to print out the
model hierarchy that was built:

       // inspect the model
       Field domainCompositeField = scaDomain.getClass
().getDeclaredField("domainComposite");
       domainCompositeField.setAccessible(true);
       Composite domainComposite = (Composite)
domainCompositeField.get(scaDomain);

       OutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
       PrintUtil printUtil = new PrintUtil(os);
       printUtil.print(domainComposite);
       System.out.println("Assembly \n " + os.toString());

I'm sure people have much smarter utils than I that they use to make their
lives easier. If you have tools are you prepared to share them?

How about we create a module:

java/sca/devtools

or even

java/devtools

Simon

+1 looks like a good idea to me.

I would prefer java/sca/toys, and from the link you gave it looks like toys was your original name as well, as dev tools have a specific meaning and print utils, debug helpers, validation libraries, data binding transformers etc. do not seem to belong to that category, but I'll be ok with tools if this is what others prefer.