Folks,

OK, finally, I bite  ;-)

The question for me is whether we need the SCA (Java) spec to define some standard metadata (typically annotations) for databindings of services & references.

I make the assumption that for much of the time, it is possible to work out the required databinding simply by inspection of the types of the parameters involved. If you find an SDO object, if you find a JAXB object, etc.

So is the real issue the case where mixed types of data objects turn up? Or are there ambiguous cases where you can't tell what the kind of object is?

I suppose that we can take two views of cases like these:

a) Don't go there, it's not valid.

b) OK, annotate your code enough to tell us exactly what you expect to happen.

If we want to go down the second path, then I'm happy to carry back requirements to the SCA Java WG, but I'd really like an appreciation of just how common this case is likely to be.

Views please....

Yours,  Mike.