On 8/3/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ant elder wrote:
> > Taking that line of thought and you hit the long thread associated with:
> >

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-tuscany-dev/200701.mbox/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
> >
> > which is what I was hoping to quietly ignore by just keeping everything
> in
> > the one SCA namespace.
> >
> >    ...ant
> >
> > On 8/3/07, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Wouldn't this cause breakage in the scenario that I described, where
> >> <foo> from Tuscany later turns into <foo> as part of SCA but with some
> >> differences?  Any SCDLs written to just use plain <foo> would break
> >> when Tuscany steps up to support the SCA <foo>.
> >>
> >>    Simon

> >> choose

> >> about

> >> brought

> I didn't really want to reopen this debate either but I didn't
> understand both of your last comments so I guess I'm going to have to
> ask some questions...
>
> Ant, what did you mean by "having the Tuscany namespace extend the SCA
> one?"

I'm not actually sure, my xsd is a bit rusty, i vaguely thought there was a
way to say something extend another namespace inheriting all the things from
it, but a quick search for it now i cant find how to do that, is it not
possible?

<snip>

And also give my opinion:
> +0.5 if people want to keep Tuscany extensions in the SCA namespace for
> now, hoping that they make it to the SCA spec XSDs at some point

I'd be +1 on doing that. The easier we can make things for people trying out
Tuscany the better IHMO.