A few questions.

[snip]
ant elder wrote:

I'm not very keen at all on doing that. Couldn't we actually put the code in
our svn instead of using SVN externals (if necessary the Geronimo guys could
use SVN externals if they really want it).

Necessary yes, as far as I know the Geronimo guys are the guys working on this code.

But will that work if the code moves to our SVN, will they still be able to commit their changes? Can you help me understand how that will work?

I'd quite like this code in our
svn anyway as some of it could be shared by others who're also integrating
Tuscany.

I'm not sure I understand. What exactly will prevent others who are also integrating with Tuscany to share this code if it stays where it is now in the Geronimo SVN repository?