ant elder wrote:
On 9/2/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking that we should include the XQuery implementation that Vasil
has contributed in our next release as I think that XQuery gives us a
great way to work with / mediate / transform XML data sources.

To get ready for that and help Tuscany users understand what they can do
with XQuery, I'd like to suggest the following improvements and
simplifications to the XQuery sample at [1].

- Move the .xq files from src/main/resources/META-INF/sca  to
src/main/resources/xquery so that they are in plain sight and people
realize that they are first class development artifacts;

- support WSDL interfaces, basically removing the requirement to
generate SDOs and write many Java interfaces, to help show that you can
something useful with just XQuery without having to write any Java code;

- I'm not sure about this one, but I was also thinking that we could
simplify the sample by using local components instead of having a client
+ a server and web services in the middle... the idea is that a simpler
example will be more effective at demonstrating the value of XQuery.

In a parallel thread I'd like to start discussing how we could show
XQuery components in the tutorial that we are preparing for ApacheCon
2007, for example to extract data out of the Amazon Web Services that
we're planning to use in the tutorial.

Thoughts?

[1]

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/quote-xquery/

Sounds really good to me. The main issue is with getting a recent release of
Saxon in a maven repository so we could included it isn't it?  Does anyone
have any links to where this has been asked for on the Saxon mailing list,
i've been hunting around and not found much yet?

(Note, you can also manipulate xml with script components using things like
e4x or rexml so these could also be used in the tutorial)

   ...ant

I asked on saxon-help earlier today, here's the archived thread:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=005d01c7eded%2414d0d190%240d00a8c0%40turtle