On 9/27/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

5 - On ongoing OSOA work. Assuming that there is ongoing work and that the
> mode of operation is unchanged, maybe we wait until it reaches OASIS.

Thats the one i was mainly thinking about.

"wait until it reaches OASIS" is one option but it doesn't seem ideal as it
means it could take quite some time before Tuscany can implement some of the
new features.

The other end of the spectrum is to say we fine with the OSOA way of "OSOA
provides means for providing feedback and means for joining as a supporter
for access to some non-public materials", that doesn't seem ideal to me
either as it doesn't seem right for an Apache project to be implementing
something where only a select group have access to the design docs.

I don't know the answer, I think the main thing is we've shown we understand
the issue, have reached some consensus, and are clear about whats happening.
I'd be more comfortable with Tuscany only implementing OSOA things when
there's a draft published publicly, but even that isn't perfect as it takes
sometime for drafts to get published publicly (lets hope there's an example
of this imminently).

What do others think?