On 10/1/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ant elder wrote:
> > On 9/29/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Here's sample code to illustrate that use case:
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/sebastien/java/sca/domain-and-node/samples/
> >> SampleTuscanyDomainImplementation.java
> >>

> > Why does that sample need to add and start composites with:
> >
> >           // Add the Calculator deployable composite to the domain
> composite
> >           domain.addComposite(new QName("http://calc";, "Calculator"));
> >
> >         // Start the Calculator composite
> >           domain.startComposite(new QName("http://calc";, "Calculator"));
> >
> > The contribution jar is going to have the sca-contribution.xml (or the
> > composites in the "deployables" folder we once talked of supporting),
>
> No, sca-contribution.xml is optional.
>
> > so
> > can't the simplest case just be adding the contribution and the
> deployable
> > composites get started automatically?
> >

> I don't think that having to write a sca-contribution.xml file is the
> simplest case.
>
> <contribution xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0";
>               targetNamespace="http://calc";
>               xmlns:sample="http://calc";>
>    <deployable composite="calc:Calculator"/>
> </contribution>
>
> vs
>
> domain.addComposite(new QName("http://calc";, "Calculator"));
>
> Placing the composite file under META-INF/deployables will appear simple
> to some people, but will not necessarily play well with other people
> using IDEs for example which often hide META-INF, or people who are not
> used to place their development artifacts, .wsdl, .xsd, .componentType,
> or .composite... under META-INF.

Agree about sca-contribution.xml not being simplest nor
META-INF/deployables, but we've had this discussion before and couldn't get
much agreement on anything else. Take the Tuscany/Geronimo integration as an
example, deploying an sca contribution jar on that and the code can only
tell which composites to add based on somethng like sca-contribution.xml or
doing some default behaviour like add all composites or add no composites.

Does the spec say anywhere that when there is no sca-contribution.xml then
composites in a contribution must not be added by default?