I was trying to run the new DAS sample (dataSource) and I looks like
it requires MySQL in order to run the sample, this might not be the
best default configuration to require, as it requires lots of steps in
order to just try the sample (e.g install MySQL), and it also makes it
difficult to test the sample during build. I'd like to suggest two
things for our DAS Sample applications :

- Use Derby as the default database in a sample application
- Have a simple unit test to quickly check if the sample is working
(use htmlUnit for webapp)

Also, I was wondering what we should use for demonstrating a specific
feature... I guess we might not need a new sample for every new
feature, this might increase the complexity of developing a new
feature, I guess a test case might be good enough.... and a sample
would be used more to demonstrate a bigger scenario or a how a set of
features work together...

Thoughts ?

--
Luciano Resende