If you are discounting using XSD for the source of metadata to
describe the SDO types then there is the SDO API provided for dynamic
metadata creation.  The sample at [1] gives an introduction to this.
The paper at [2] discusses the subject also, and the program
underlying the discussion in the paper is at [3] (no change
monitoring) and [4] (with change monitoring).

You say that you want to write the minimum code.  There is a quick and
simple Tuscany API for simple cases that you could use instead (See
the MetaDataBuilder inner class in [5]).  Whilst the code to create
the type system with this project specific API is simple to understand
and implement it has some drawbacks.  We don't have a sample program
for this,  but I believe the DAS uses it) I'm happy to discuss further
if you want some more insight into this.

Kelvin.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sdo/sample/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/samples/sdo/intermediate/DynamicCustomerTypeSample.java
[2] http://java.sys-con.com/read/358059_2.htm